Fatty liver disease also called hepatic steatosis is the accumulation of fat into the liver cells. Fat cells are normally present into the liver in a small amount and it's not unhealthy. Too much amount of fat, usually more than 5-10% can become a health problem. Two types of fatty liver diseases are there. One is alcoholic and another one is non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases (NAFLD). Being the second largest organ inside the body, the liver is responsible for various functions involving the filtration of harmful substances from the blood, detoxifies chemicals and metabolizes the drugs.
Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease(NAFLD): NAFLD is not related to alcohol consumption. It is divided into two types:
Simple fatty liver: Fat accumulation in the liver with little or no inflammation. A usually less severe form of fatty liver.
Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: Fat in the liver causes inflammation and liver damage may lead to cirrhosis or liver cancer.
Alcoholic fatty liver disease: Tha main cause of alcoholic fatty liver is the consumption of an excess amount of alcohol. The liver can breakdown the normal amount of alcohol. This breaking down process generates harmful chemicals which in turn damage the liver cells and cause alcoholic fatty liver disease.
It is a primary stage of liver damage. Alcoholic hepatitis and cirrhosis are the next stage diseases.
You have the high risk of fatty liver diseases if you are having following health conditions:
• Excessive weight gain
• Type-II diabetes and any other metabolic syndrome
• High level of cholesterol and triglycerides
• Exposure to some toxins
• Polycystic ovarian syndrome
A hepatologist can diagnose your liver disease by conducting physical exams, liver function tests and blood count test. The doctor will first ask you a few questions about your medical history. The physical exam includes checking the signs of liver disease like enlargement of the liver, jaundice etc.
• Weight loss is the primary thing which your hepatologist will advise you to treat non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Fat in the liver can be reduced by weight loss.
• If you are observing the symptoms because of some medications then immediately inform your doctor and stop the medication if your doctor confirms that the symptoms are due to the use of that medication. Some herbal remedies also cause liver damage.
• The ultimate treatment for alcoholic fatty liver disease is to stop drinking alcohol. If you are finding difficulty in it, you can take help of your hepatologist and participate in alcohol recovery programmes.
You can ultimately treat your fatty liver by changing your lifestyle as no specific treatment is available for fatty liver diseases. These lifestyle changes include:
• Limiting sugar and excess salt, eating healthy vegetables, fruits and whole grains.
• Hepatitis A & B along with fatty liver leads to liver failure. Hepatitis A & B vaccination can avoid most of the liver problems.
• Exercising and daily physical workout including yoga.
• Avoiding alcohol in case of alcoholic liver diseases.
• Losing weight with the help of a dietitian.
• Controlling the blood sugar level is a most beneficial lifestyle change as diabetes is the main risk factor for fatty liver disease. Hypertension and diabetes go hand in hand. By reducing the weight and by controlling the blood sugar level you will ultimately control your hypertension.
• Before taking any dietary supplements such as vitamins and other supplements, inform your health care provider about these, so that he can alert you about any possible interactions.
Fatty liver diseases are not harmful conditions if there is only a fat deposition into the liver. But if this deposited fat causes inflammation inside the liver tissues then it can lead to more serious complication such as liver cirrhosis and liver cancer. That’s why early diagnosis is needed so that early changes can be made in the condition when it can be improved.
Good and experienced doctor in respect of Gastritis, endoscopy, etc. He doesn't give medicine unnecessarily.
Dr. Shri Ram Agarwal is a very humble and experienced gastroenterologist. He is a very knowledgeable person and handles his patients with very politeness other than this the clinic’s atmosphere is very clean and hygienic. There is also a doctor for dentistry & this clinic also has its own small pharmacy. Had great time there.
Dr. is very friendly and listens to the problems and treat carefully and satisfactory, waiting time is very less.
I met Dr. Rupali for my child's dental treatment. Never felt like a first visit. Dr. was very cheerful and experienced. Made my child very comfortable during the treatment, Recommended..
We visited him for an issue related to Gastrology, he identified the issue correctly and advised us the corrective action. He only prescribe medicine which is required. A doctor's positive attitude gives confidence to patient for faster recovery .I would really recommend him for Gastrology related medical advice and treatment.
I visited Samadhan Dental Clinic based on the wonderful reviews on the internet. I got extensive work done here i.e two extractions, orthodontic treatment and veneers. It took 1 year 6 months to bring back my smile. Well, it was totally worth the wait. I never had such confidence in my smile before. I had full confidence in the abilities of Dr Rupal Aggarwal. Her team is fantastic and friendly. The entire experience was top class quality. I won't hesitate a bit in recommending Samadhan Clinic for any sort of dental problem. Thank you so much!
Dear Madam(Dr Rupal), pls accept my best compliments for the wonderful dental treatment that I received at your clinic, Let me tell you I searched a lot of dentists and showed my teeth to at least five here in Delhi, but you are the only one whom I felt is to go ahead with. Your approach was very positive unlike other dentists in Dwarka area Today after my treatment is over, I am beyond expectations and truly devoted to you to become dentist for rest of my life, no matter where I am in Delhi. Thanks a million times.
Went to Dr Rupal Aggarwal's clinic for my tooth implant and I got the best treatment. She explained me the procedure in detail and the results were wonderful . i got back my smile as well as confidence. She along with her team ensure that you get the best treatment and care. i have no qualms in accepting that now I do not have to worry about my dental problems anymore. She has the perfect 'Samadhan' for all my dental problems.
Dr Rupal Agarwal is very good n calm doctor, she is always smile in front of patient, she have good knowledge off rct, i will recommend her to my all friends n family members,infact infuture a have any problem in my teeth then i will surly come to samadhan clinic.